Having only launched Wine With Nat in November 2015, I’m honored to be a nominee for The Liebster Award. The fabulous Lia from A Girl In Her Thirties nominated me (talk about blogger love). The Liebster Award is an online recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers. Lia thought my work was pretty cool, so here we are (thanks chica). We met at a South Florida Bloggers event and hit it off over croquetas and fritas. If you’ve never had croquetas or a Frita, you haven’t lived.
Lia asked me 10 questions, so I poured myself a glass of vinito, and I’m pouring it all out below.
1. How and why did you choose the name for your blog?
Originally called The Purple Voice, purple is the color of domestic violence and fibromyalgia. Two causes near and dear to me. During my video blogs, I would sip on vinito, and on social media I used the hashtag, #winewithnat. In just a short amount time, Wine With Nat caught on with followers. I would be out and about and people would stop me and say, “You’re Wine With Nat, right?” Given that I wanted to create a brand and businesses around my brand, I re-strategized and rebranded to Wine With Nat (best decision I made).
2. Describe your blog and purpose:
Wine With Nat is a lifestyle blog and brand aimed at inspiring and motivating others through my love of wine. The best part is that I can share my love of wine with others while sharing my inspirational stories and personal experiences (foodie and wine experiences too). I don’t consider myself a wine expert as much as I do a wine lover, but I’m learning more and more about wines every day.
3. Describe yourself in three hashtags:
#entrepreneur #winelover #ambitious
4. Which blog post are you the most proud of?
My video blog Forgive For Healing is something I will always be proud of. One of the hardest things I’ve had to do in my life is forgive my father for murdering my mother in 1999. For years I lived with so much anger towards him and that anger was eating me up inside. In 2010, I decided to reach out to him and later visited him in prison. I didn’t forgive my father’s actions; I forgave him for healing. As difficult as it was to share this vulnerable experience with the world, it was self-therapy for me, and the overwhelming support was priceless. To have touched so many people, some of whom I’ve never met, was one of the most rewarding things I’ve done in my life. You can watch my video here.
5. What is an accomplishment you celebrated in the last six months?
I launched Women Who Wine, an event geared towards bringing women professionals and wine lovers together. I believe in collaboration, and I want to inspire more women to learn the art of collaborating. Alone we are nothing, but together we can move mountains.
6. What has been your most embarrassing moment?
I really haven’t had an embarrassing moment with Wine With Nat, but I’m infamous for falling in public (but famous for picking myself up), so now I just wear comfy shoes.
7. What is something that terrifies you?
Failure terrifies me, but it also drives me.
8. If you could live any place in the world, where would it be?
Santorini, Greece. I visited Santorini during my honeymoon and haven’t stopped reminiscing about it since. Truthfully, I’ll take any beach destination with a slower-pace of life. I’m a true Miamian ready for a slower-paced life. I visualize working remotely from any part in the world.
9. Where do you feel most at home?
In my husband’s arms is where I feel most at home. Yes, I know it sounds corny, but my husband is my best friend and biggest supporter. He’s my biggest blessing. You see, I experienced tragedy at a very young age and really didn’t have the ideal family, but my husband has really been there for me and has showed me unconditional love. When I’m in his arms, I feel loved and safe.
10. What should your readers expect from you blog in the next year?
My video blogs went on a hiatus, but will be coming back (maybe even a podcast or radio show, who knows). Hope to continue hosting Women Who Wine events for all my fellow ambitious professionals and wine lovers. I just recently established my first brand partner from Italy. In just a short amount of time, my business strategy, marketing and public relations talents have helped them build brand awareness in the U.S. market. Ideally, I want to establish many more partnerships this year, but plan to remain authentic, so I have to believe in the brand. I will be launching an online shop in collaboration with a local small business. The shop will carry wine gifts for wine lovers. Lastly, I’ve been testing a wine product and plan to launch it as soon as it’s perfected and the time is right. And who knows what else. The sky is the limit for this winepreneur.
Thanks again Lia for allowing me to share my vinito journey with you and others. Now I get to nominate 10 of my favorite bloggers. Here are my nominees:
1. Nikki Novo
2. Nicky Valdes
3. Tim Ferriss (my winepreneur inspiration)
4. Wine Folly
10. The Gem Within
If I’ve nominated you, pour yourself a glass of vinito and follow the steps below. Looking forward to hearing what you have to wine about. Cheers!
1. Share the award on your blog
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you are asked
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers
5. Ask 10 new questions
10 Questions for my nominees:
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. Where do you look for inspiration?
3. Who’s been your biggest inspiration?
4. What is the biggest challenge you face as a professional?
5. How do you overcome this challenge to move ahead?
6. Career and life can be stressful, how do you cope with stress (un-wine)?
7. What is the best advice you can give other professionals (and bloggers)?
8. Are you a wine lover?
9. If so, what’s your favorite wine?
10. Wine to me is something that brings people together and creates memories. How do you bring people together to create memories?