Carnaval Miami Cork & Fork Festival "Sneak Preview" Event at Da Tang Unique
In anticipation of the 2nd Annual Carnaval Miami Cork & Fork food and wine festival on March 4 & 5, 2017, Wine With Nat and the Kiwanis of Little Havana invite you to our next “sneak preview” event at Da Tang Unique on Wednesday, January 25. Wine down and join us for a walk-around tasting, featuring five wines and Chinese cuisine by Chef Shaohua Xue.
Where: Da Tang Unique inside the Four Ambassador
801 Brickell Bay Drive, Miami
When: Wednesday, January 25th
Time: 7 to 9 PM
$25 Online by Monday, January 23 ($35 at the door)
A percentage of the event proceeds will benefit the Kiwanis Little Havana's mission to assist underprivileged youth. Learn more here.
View photos from our last event here.
- Street meter parking
- Ride Freebee! For a free ride, simply download the Freebee app and request a ride. Learn more here
- Uber or Lyft
A Glimpse OF Da Tang Unique
Da Tang Unique was founded by CEO of American Da Tang Group, Dr. Shanjie Li. Da Tang Unique offers Chinese cuisine with an artistic twist and healthy elements. When dining at Da Tang Unique Restaurant, you will experience the true Chinese culture.
Da Tang Unique Chef Shaohua Xue
Born in Zhuhai of Guangdong Province in China, Chef Shaohua Xue's incredible passion for cooking has allowed him to excel in the culinary industry. He began his career at Macao Mei Wei Xiang restaurant in 1979, then moved to New York City to work at Philippe Chow before residing at Da Tang Unique.
Chef's Bites for the Evening
- A variety of Dumplings
- Peking Duck Rolls
- Chicken Satay
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
The Wines For The Evening
CHIC BARCELONA BRUT CAVA
- Country: Spain
- Region: Penedès
- Grape Varieties: 35% Macabeo, 35% Xarel.lo, 30% Parellada
- Color: Greenish yellow with golden hues. Fine and persistent perlage
- Aroma: Citrus, lime and green apple aromas
- Taste: White fruit notes and a refreshing acidity
PETER YEALANDS SAUVIGNON BLANC
- Country: New Zealand
- Appellation: Marlborough
- Grape Varieties: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Color: Pale lemon in color
- Aroma: Stone fruit and guava with fresh, aromatic herbal notes
- Taste: The palate is brimming with zingy fruit that is balanced with a long, crisp mineral
SALENTEIN RESERVE CHARDONNAY
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Valle de Uco, Mendoza
- Grape Varieties: 100% Chardonnay
- Color: Light lemon
- Aroma: Lovely aromas of fresh citrus fruits, pineapple and toasty oak
- Taste: Generous and round flavors of green apple and lemon complemented by subtle tropical notes and refreshing acidity
SANTA RITA SECRET RESERVE 2015
Fruit and freshness from Casablanca, backbone and juiciness from Colchagua Costa, and elegance and roundness from Maipo Alto make up this new Pinot Noir from the Santa Rita line.
Moderately intense purplish-red wine with a nose that offers blueberry, cherry, and floral notes plus underbrush and a sweet touch of vanilla, caramel, and roasted coffee. The silky palate develops abundant fruity intensity and finishes with a fresh and juicy acidity.
SANTA RITA RESERVA MERLOT
- Country: Chile
- Region: Maipo Valley
- Grape Varieties: 90% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Color: Deep ruby red with violet hues
- Aroma: A complex aroma that combines ripe black fruit and sweet plum, enhanced by vanilla and spice notes
- Taste: Well concentrated, with very ripe, almost sweet tannins, resulting in a complex and balanced wine; a captivating, full-bodied red with a persistent and pleasant finish